Recently, Sony has taken the initiative to bring numerous exclusive PlayStation 4 games to personal computers. However, a collection of titles has yet to make the transition. One intriguing avenue for this endeavor is the employment of the Remote Play feature, facilitating the transmission of gaming content from a PS4 console to a PC.
This avenue opens a gateway to accessing one’s entire array of PS4 games on a computer platform. However, even those without a PS4 or its successor, the PS5, have an avenue of their own. Sony’s PlayStation Plus Premium service extends the privilege of accessing a curated selection of games on a personal computer.
Requirements for Playing PlayStation 4 Games on PC or Mac
For individuals who already possess a PS4 or PS5, using Sony’s Remote Play application is the most straightforward route to engage in PlayStation 4 games on a PC.
To engage in Remote Play on a computer, the following components are necessary:
- A functioning PS4 console
- A wireless controller (with a preference for the DualShock 4 model)
- A USB wireless adapter or a USB cable
- A high-speed internet connection boasts a minimum of 15 megabits per second (Mbps) for both upload and download speeds (recommended).
Additionally, meeting the subsequent system requirements is vital for executing PS4 Remote Play:
- A version of Windows 10 or the subsequent Windows 11
- An Intel Core processor of the 7th Generation or a later iteration
- A minimum of 100MB storage capacity
- At least 2GB of RAM
- A display resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- A functional sound card
- An available USB port
- macOS High Sierra or any version released thereafter
- A minimum of 40MB of public storage
- At least 2GB of RAM
- An optional USB port
How to Play PlayStation 4 Games on a Windows PC or Mac
Initiating the endeavor of enjoying PlayStation 4 games on a Windows PC or a Mac involves the following steps:
- Navigate to the official PS Remote Play website and choose the “Control your PS4 console from a Windows PC” option.
3. Following the installation, proceed to “Sign In to PSN” and provide your login credentials.
Establishing Remote Play on your PS4 must be established before utilizing the PC application to connect to the console.
How to Start PS4 Remote Play
Once Remote Play has been configured on your Windows PC or Mac, the subsequent step necessitates configuring your PS4 console. Additionally, designating your machine as the Primary PS4 is pivotal if you intend to engage in Remote Play beyond the confines of your home network.
Power on your PS4 console and navigate to “Settings” > “Remote Play Connection Settings.”
Activate the “Enable Remote Play” option.
Return to “Settings” and select “Account Management.”
Opt for “Activate as Your Primary PS4.”
Note: You can only activate one Primary PS4 per account.
Return to “Settings” again and access “Power Save Settings.”
Choose “Set Features Available in Rest Mode.”Check the boxes for “Stay Connected to the Internet” and “Enable Turning on PS4 from Network.” This configuration enables the commencement of Remote Play while the PS4 is in Rest Mode.