It is comparatively easy to forecast the introduction of new smartphones: Samsung in the spring, Apple and Google in the fall, with a few others splattered throughout the remainder of the calendar. However, predicting the release dates of the most powerful upcoming laptops In 2024 presents a slightly greater challenge.
With only a few exceptions in the spring, Apple and Microsoft release the majority of their new products in September or October, adhering to their respective release cycles. Google is undertaking ChromeOS on its own as a dark horse. Other laptop manufacturers announce their products in January, typically at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), coinciding with Intel, AMD, and Nvidia’s introductions of new CPUs and graphics chips. The following is what we expect to introduce in 2024.
Powerful Upcoming Laptops In 2024
Apple MacBook Air (M3)
It has been anticipation-filled ever since Apple unveiled the M3 version of in-house processors regarding when they would be integrated into the MacBook Air lineup.
To reiterate, the 13-inch MacBook Air has long been regarded as a standard ultraportable device. Its battery life was transformed into a colossus with the addition of M1 (and subsequent M2) silicon, enabling it to operate for entire days without requiring a trip to the power outlet. Following this, the MacBook Air 15in was introduced at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in 2023.
It is indisputable that the M2 Max and M2 Ultra processors will continue to be exclusive to the MacBook Pro line. Still, the addition of the M3 to the MacBook Air line should result in even greater power and energy efficiency.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 6
As of now, the Surface Laptop 5 will have turned one year old. With the exception of a few internal enhancements, it contained no novel features, so its introduction at the end of 2022 generated little anticipation. The initial Surface Laptop that Microsoft released in 2017 is similar to the current model.
An upcoming considerable update for the Surface Laptop 6 is conceivable. Presumably, if one were to rely on Wccftech, According to the website, Microsoft has intentions of unveiling two Surface Laptop 6 variants. The initial model might have a 13.5-inch display with a resolution of 2256 by 1504. The other, a 15-inch model, might have a resolution of 2496 by 1664 pixels. According to circulating rumors, an option between the Core i5-1335U and the Core i7-1355U is available.
Microsoft Surface Pro 10
Early October saw the introduction of the Laptop Studio 2 and Surface Go 3 at Microsoft’s most recent Surface event. The Surface Pro, the model that introduced the Surface brand, has remained unchanged, indicating that a successor will not be released until 2024.
Although it will commemorate a decade of existence, the forthcoming model is not anticipated to deviate significantly from the Surface Pro 9. A notable modification is that the forthcoming Surface Pro may feature an expansion of available sizes. This scenario may involve an 11-inch or 15-inch Surface Pro. The 11-inch model could, at minimum, have reduced bezels and a 120Hz refresh rate
Samsung Galaxy Book 4
As CES approaches and AMD and Intel prepare for the debut of additional mobile processors, it is reasonable to anticipate that a significant number of laptop manufacturers will unveil new models. Samsung is expected to be among the first to unveil a new Galaxy Book 4 lineup, as rumors have nearly revealed it prior to the official announcement.
The most portable of the group will be the Galaxy Book 4 Pro, which features 14- and 16-inch screens. The Galaxy Book 4 Pro 360 is a convertible 2-in-1 device, while the Galaxy Book 4 Ultra features a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated GPU for enhanced gaming performance. All four feature AMOLED touchscreens with a resolution of 3K and refresh rates of 120 Hz.
An Intel Core Ultra processor providing power will feature an integrated Neural Processing Unit (NPU) to accelerate AI. GPU options for the Ultra model are RTX 4050 and RTX 4070. Availability and pricing information will be disclosed very soon.
- When can we expect the release of the Apple MacBook Air (M3)?
- While specific release dates are not provided, it is anticipated that Apple will integrate the M3 processors into the MacBook Air lineup in 2024.
- What enhancements are expected in the Microsoft Surface Laptop 6?
- The Surface Laptop 6 is rumored to introduce two variants with different display sizes and resolutions, providing users with more choices. The models may offer options between the Core i5-1335U and Core i7-1355U processors.
- Is there a successor to the Microsoft Surface Pro 9 in 2024?
- Yes, the Surface Pro 10 is expected to be released in 2024. While not deviating significantly from its predecessor, it may introduce size expansions, including an 11-inch or 15-inch model with reduced bezels and a 120Hz refresh rate.
- What can we expect from Samsung’s Galaxy Book 4 lineup?
- Samsung’s Galaxy Book 4 lineup includes the Galaxy Book 4 Pro, featuring 14- and 16-inch screens, a convertible 2-in-1 device (Galaxy Book 4 Pro 360), and the Galaxy Book 4 Ultra with a dedicated graphics card. These laptops boast AMOLED touchscreens, 3K resolution, and refresh rates of 120 Hz.
- What processors and GPUs are featured in Samsung’s Galaxy Book 4 Ultra?
- An Intel Core Ultra processor with an integrated Neural Processing Unit (NPU) for AI acceleration powers the Galaxy Book 4 Ultra. GPU options for the Ultra model include RTX 4050 and RTX 4070 for enhanced gaming performance. Availability and pricing details are expected to be disclosed soon.